Friday 4 April 2014

D is for Death


His eyes roamed over the room again finally falling on a small half-starved scarecrow. Yes, that one. A smile stretched the skin around his face and he felt the stitches sag. Yes it had been too long. He knelt down by the bed and tilted her face to look into his. Every breath she took seemed effort and her colour was beyond illness. Death touched her hand and her hair before looking into her eyes.

          "Do you want to die?" He whispered, even after many years he still found it odd that he could still sound caring saying that.

          "No." She whimpered, she barely had the energy to cry.

          "I can give you a life of safety, it will not be a long life but I can give you more years than you have available."

          "What do I have tuh do?" She asked crying now, maybe hope swelled her heart and gave her the energy.

          "I need a donor. You will give me your blood as I require it. In return you will receive teachings and years. I will never allow you to be hurt ever again. I can take your memory and calm it. You'll never be the girl you are now again but, you will live. You will have your own will and we will speak with each other in a way no other will recognise. Your mind will be wrapped in mine and we will decide everything together, no more independence but you will have your will, you will have a choice in everything."

          "I don't wan’ tuh die. I wan’ go with you." The poor girl, she probably didn’t understand what was being asked of her, what he would take.
          "Then open your mouth and take my life nectar." A red droplet of liquid appeared, dangling from his index finger. The girl parted her lips and took it down. After a moment her colour improved. She took a deep breath and sat up, looking into Death's eyes.






Death, found in 'Death's Story' a working title.

No comments:

Post a Comment